We employ paid Youth Workers and offer unpaid internships to aspiring Youth Workers, or those currently studying towards a Youth related qualification. We will periodically advertise here for both types of positions but you are also welcome to contact us directly to register your interest in working with us.
Senior Youth Worker
Are you an awesome people person?
Are you easy-going, fun and good at making people feel welcome? Are you an outdoorsy-up-for-anything kind of person? Do you like to innovate and create? Can you organise and make things happen? Do you have experience working with young people aged 10-18 and up to 24 years old? If so, then you could be the person extraordinaire that we are looking for to join our dynamic crew of Youth Workers in Queenstown.
Whakatipu Youth Trust is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic senior youth worker for a 40 hour per week, 1-year, fixed term position commencing in September 2021.
- Ideally you will be experienced in working with and mentoring youth in a one to one capacity, as well as, delivering outcomes-based programmes.
- You will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a high level of computer literacy, self-management and personal integrity.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in working with youth, a relevant qualification and a commitment to working in the Whakatipu for a fixed term of 1 year.
- A current full clean New Zealand driver’s license is essential, and you must be legally entitled to work in NZ.
- Check out what we do at www.whakatipuyouthtrust.co.nz.
- For a full job description and job application form, please email;